At a Glance
How deeply does biblical worldview impact our world? Our nation? What happens when culture attempts to withdraw the blocks that make up the foundation of our society? We need to speak boldly about the reality of our world, changing our world for the better instead of letting the world change us. Today, our good friend Vishal Mangalwadi joins us to discuss these topics as well as his recent interview with Jordan Peterson and his future work as a Christian intellectual teaching how the Bible has changed our world.
To listen to our first reaction to Jordan Peterson’s interview with Vishal Mangalwadi, check out our episode “Jordan Peterson, Vishal Mangalwadi, and the Power of the Bible to Transform Culture.”
What You'll Hear
Chapter 1: Vishal Mangalwadi (1:04)
- Special guest Vishal is an Indian Christian intellectual.
- He greatly impacted the founding of DNA.
- He recently had an interview with Jordan Peterson’s podcast.
- Currently, he is participating in a documentary with Jordan Peterson and the Daily Wire about the Bible.
Chapter 2: Apologetics (26:45)
- The Bible is God’s revelation, not just stories.
- Science can only offer speculation about how the world began.
- Recently, Vishal debated with historian Tom Holland about the modern idea of freedom and democracy emerging from the Bible, not from Greece.
- Contemporary apologists act unsure if God exists.
Chapter 3: Discipling the Nations (51:32)
- In the 18th century, a Christian revival prompted the British to change the way they thought of their colony of India, to bless it instead of loot it.
- Christians have forgotten that we are supposed to shape the world around us for the better.
- We must sow ideas that will have consequences to change the world.
- We will win the ultimate war, but may lose the battle for America.
Using the link above, you can read the transcript, listen along, and adjust the speed of the podcast while you listen.
Missions used to be understood as equipping people to bless the nations. And today it's understood as saving souls and planting churches.
Vishal Mangalwadi is a social reformer, political columnist, Indian Christian philosopher, writer, and lecturer. He is the author of 20 books, including The Book that Made Your World: How the Bible Created the Soul of Western Civilization. He is also a long-term friend of the DNA and one of the thought leaders at the birth of our organization.
Videos by Vishal Mangalwadi
“Is it a story, that in the beginning God created the heavens and the earth? Or is it revelation? Only God was there. Is he telling us? If this is revelation, why is the American church afraid of calling the Bible God’s Word, God’s revelation? Always calling it stories instead.” Vishal (27:13)
“The scientific world is littered with stories about how the universe came into existence. But is the universe actually created by God in the beginning? Either it is revelation or it is speculation.” Vishal (29:12)
“Is conscience culturally conditioned chemistry, or is conscience God’s voice that’s telling me that I’m wrong?” Vashal (32:25)
“Is God a conclusion of human logic and reason that we have? He exists because we can argue the case for his existence? Or do we believe in Him because He reveals Himself to us?” Vishal (42:22)
“Because He speaks, and He made us in His image, we speak. And He speaks because, just like we communicate with our children, God wants to teach us the truth. And so He says, ‘If you abide in my word, you will know the truth.’ Because His word is his self revelation.” Vishal (46:54)
“Missions used to be understood as equipping people to bless the nations. And today it’s understood as saving souls and planting churches.” Scott (55:30)
“You can believe in the dualism of male and female only if you have a Triune God. The Father, Son, and the Holy Spirit, said, “Let’s make man in our image.” He makes male and female, for the two of them to be one, so that they become three. I have a baby with my wife, we become three. We become a family and family is what makes me more like God.” Vishal (1:08:014)