At a Glance
63% of Americans claim to be Christians, yet our culture is becoming increasingly chaotic and full of sin. Why is this happening? The reason is that most Christians only know how to apply the Bible to certain areas of life. The consequence is that Christians have little to no impact on culture. Do you see it?
This episode will give you an introduction to Ideas Have Consequneces, the podcast of the Disciple Nations Alliance. This is an action-oriented show where you’ll hear from a variety of biblical worldview teachers, writers, and cultural commentators. Our goal is to apply the Bible to every area of life by wrestling with the most prominent ideas in our cultures and seeking to practically interact with them from a biblical perspective.
New to Ideas have Consequences?
Check out some of our favorite episodes!
Using the link above, you can read the transcript, listen along, and adjust the speed of the podcast while you listen.
“Somebody is always going to be discipling a nation–always. And if it isn't the church, if it isn't you and I on the basis of reality–of biblical truth, and these powerful principles that lead to flourishing... it's going to be somebody else.”
Who is the Disciple Nations Alliance?
Vision: We are all broken, but our worldview doesn’t have to be. Disciple Nations Alliance exists to equip you with the biblical worldview that transforms your life and empowers you to bring God’s Kingdom to your world.
Stay in touch with us by signing up for our newsletter in the footer below!
The Development Ethic: Hope for a Culture of Poverty
As the creator of the universe and mankind, God established natural law, moral law and a framework in his word to guide us in fulfilling the creation mandate to fill and rule the earth. As image-bearers of God, we must discover and apply these laws. This is the focus of this Bible study.
These truths provided the outline for Darrow’s book Discipling Nations which, in turn, provided the content for the Kingdomizer Training Program.
This Bible study gives you the opportunity to look at the foundation of these life-changing truths and personalize them for your own life.
Discipling Nations: The Power of Truth to Transform Cultures
Have Christians underestimated the power of God’s truth to transform entire societies? In Discipling Nations, Darrow Miller builds a powerful and convincing thesis that God’s truth not only breaks the spiritual bonds of sin and death but can free whole societies from deception and poverty. Completely revised and updated for the third edition, Discipling Nations will challenge, reenergize, and equip Christians everywhere who labor to see His kingdom come, His will be done.
- 8:33 “Living within the boundaries of God’s order, living within his laws and ordinances that he has established–there is where we find happiness. We don’t find happiness in license and rebelliousness. We think we do–‘If I can do whatever I want to do without consequences, I’m going to be happy.’ No. There are consequences for this.” Darrow
- 17:55 “God’s revelation–when he created–he did not create an illusion. He created reality. And that reality has a certain order to it. A metaphysical order, an order of ideas, a natural order, or physical order. There are laws of gravity. And an aesthetic order. Beauty is real. Yes, not beauty is in the eyes of the beholder. Beauty is real. God is beautiful.” Darrow
- 19:08 “I think when we talk about biblical worldview, Christians still tend to think, and I thought this way for a long time–it’s what I believe–this is what Christians believe. But that’s not what we’re talking about. We’re not talking about what I believe or what Christians believe–we’re talking about what is real, regardless of what you believe about it. So we’re not talking about a Christian worldview. We’re talking about reality, and which view that’s out there gets closest to describing that.” Scott
- 51:58 “The law is the order. That’s God’s ordinance. It’s his order of things. And we, when we live within that order, are contributing to, with our little lives, the coming of the Kingdom of God.” Darrow
- 53:03 “When people see something that works, that’s good, that’s beautiful, that’s orderly, maybe just your family or your relationships, maybe it’s in your church or whatever it is, but you’ve worked to align it with that order, that law–it’s so attractive, it’s going to be increasingly appealing. It’s going to shine quite brightly. So I think we have an opportunity right now, in this darkening time to really shine. And people are going to be attracted to that light because you can’t live in chaos and disorder, it’s just unlivable, you will perish.” Scott